AUGUST 30, 2012GOVERNMENT AGENCIES WORK TOGETHER FOR DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
The government agencies involved in the National Disaster Framework – AFP, BFP, DENR, DILG, MMDA, NTC, OCD-NDRRMC, PAG-ASA, PCOO, PNRC, PHIVOLCS, PIA and PNP, together with the newly-established Commercial and Amateur Radio Transceivers and Dealers Association of the Philippines Inc. (CARTDAPI), will be launching RADSHOW 2012 on September 7th and 8th, 2012.
RADSHOW 2012 is a two-day Conference and Tradeshow focusing on the role of communications during calamities. The event will be held at Function Rooms 3, 4 and 5 of the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex and aims at gathering all radio users, dealers, broadcasters, volunteer groups, socio-civic organizations, LGU’s, NGO’s, DRRM Heads and Safety Officers of private companies.
The conference’s theme is “Volunteerism for National Emergencies”.
The specific thrust of this year’s conference is to create awareness on the importance of radio communications during disasters – a realization when cellular phone communications were adversely affected during recent typhoons. The two-day event will feature the following activities:
1. Conference Talks on the Importance of Radio Communications in Disaster Awareness, Mitigation and Response
2. Simulation and Live Drills (i.e. First Aid and Basic Life Support, Life Saving Techniques During Emergencies DRRM Simulation on Radio Use, Community Wide Drills and Command Center Showcase)
3. NTC Amnesty Program for Unregistered Radios
4. Examinations for Amateur Hobbyists
5. One-Stop-Shop from permit to Purchase to Radio Station License (Permit to Operate)
6. Tradeshow showcasing a wide array of radio products, safety equipment, exhibit of life-saving tools and devices, search and rescue equipment, IT and communication equipment, GPS and GIS technologies, survival kits and related products and services
Conference Tickets for RADSHOW 2012 are available at all SM Ticket Centers.